Armidale Family History Group - 25th Anniversary

Last week I received an invitation to the Armidale Family History Group Inc's 25th anniversary celebrations to be held on Saturday and Sunday, July 30th and 31st 2011.

Although not an original member of this group I became a member when I lived in Armidale  in 1988. Each month we used to meet at Dixson Library at the University of New England. Now the group have their own research rooms in Kentucky Street.

I remember helping to survey the cemetery at that time but had left town before the books were finally published.

On Saturday afternoon from 2 - 4 pm there will be afternoon tea at their Research Centre, Kentucky Street. The Anniversary Dinner will be held that evening at the Armidale City Bowling Club, Dumaresq Street.

On Sunday at 10 am Graham Wilson, patron of the group will host a cemetery walk.

If you wish to attend, RSVP to the Family History Centre, P.O. Box 1378, Armidale, NSW, 2350 or email afhg@northnet.com.au by Monday July 25th 2011.

Hope to see meet old friends there.

Comments

  1. Hi Sharon...I think I remember you...I came to Armidale in 1989 and was in the Family Hist Group too. We've moved quite a bit - sorry to have missed the reunion!! Brilliant Blog pages!!
    Kathy W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately at the last minute I couldn't get to Armidale for the weekend, so I don't know what I missed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment