52 Ancestors in 52 weeks - Week 1

I am attempting to take part in Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" blogging challenge. I have begun a few long term blogging challenges over the years but have never managed to complete any of them. My record is 17 weeks. Perhaps this one may be more successful.

The challenge for Week 1 is "Start." One of Amy's prompts was the home person in your family tree. The 1 ID in my Reunion data is my great, great, grandfather Dr William Lee Dawson. He was the subject of my first and several other blog posts.

I'll link to earlier posts about William Lee Dawson but will also add an image that very few people have seen.



I am very fortunate to have in my possession a photo album which belonged to his daughter,  Louisa Annie Spinks (Dawson). It was given to me by her grandson Charles Roussac.

Over the years many family members have visited his grave in Franklin, Tasmania, Australia. Each time I go to Tasmania I make sure I take a trip to Franklin. At times you have to avoid the cows and the deep ruts in the graveyard but it is worth it.

Headstone of Dr William Lee Dawson - Church of England graveyard, Franklin, Tasmania - 2013

The view from the graveyard back to the Huon River at Franklin - 2013

Previous posts about Dr William Lee Dawson.

1. Australia Day Challenge

2. Family Treasures - Cylinder

3. Family Homes - No 2 - Franklin Tasmania

4. Australia Day 2012 - Wealth for Toil - Dr William Lee Dawson

5. 52 Weeks of Genealogical Records - Week 8 Diaries

6. Trove Tuesday - The Man who Hanged his Wife




Comments