Dashwood House, Newton Stewart, Wigtownshire - followup

Research can always be incorrect. I have previously written a post about Dashwood House at Newton Stewart but now need to write a followup as the house I thought was Dashwood isn't.

I wanted to verify that my research (as it turns out an uneducated guess) was correct so I posted on the Facebook page of Newton and Minnigaff Memories.  You can see my post here. 

Comments informed me that I was wrong. My earlier reasoning was incorrect and I didn't spend enough time in Newton Stewart to positively verify my work.  I was fortunate that a number of people replied to my post and one of them posted a photo of the Dashwood House for me. Further comments informed me that the Renwick family purchased from the Milroy family and held the property until about 1930 when the Nicholson family purchased the property. 


Dashwood House

Dashwood House, Newton Stewart, Wigtownshire, Scotland


My Lineage: James Milroy & Elizabeth McGill, Jane Milroy, Jane Smith Fleming, Mary McColm, James Moore, Ronald Moore, Sharon Moore



Comments