Lucky Me! Lifetime Subscription to Inside History

A few weeks ago I was one of 5 lucky competition winners on Inside History's Facebook page. All I had to do was tell them about the best e-resource at the State Library. What did I win? A lifetime subscription to the iPad version of Inside History magazine.

Here is my simple answer.

 An e-resource is an electronic resource which could include databases, books, journals and newspapers in an electronic  format. The NSW State Library has many of these available for those unable to visit in person.


The best e-resource at the NSW State Library is always the one that I am currently using. So at the moment the best e-resource is the 19th century British Newspaper collection.

I should also mention that previously I have won a copy of In Her Own Words - The Writings of Elizabeth Macquarie. To win that I wrote about my favourite woman in my family research.

So if you want to win one of their regular prizes, log onto Facebook, like Inside History and look for their competitions. Read the others posts too, as they are interesting and subscribe to their fantastic magazine.

Off now to check out the iPad version as I've just finished downloading it.

Thanks Cassie at Inside History. Hope I can win more than two prizes in a lifetime!

Comments

  1. Thank you Sharon, for the lovely words and for being part of Inside History :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations! What a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't think of a more worthy winner. Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill stole the words right out of my mouth...well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment