Family arrivals in Australia

 

I'm spending some time during these wet school holidays putting some order into my research. This post puts into perspective the arrivals of both mine and my husband's family lines.


My paternal arrivals



My father's ancestors were the most recent to arrive in Australia, with the first being 1852 and last in 1883.  This is my only branch without any convict ancestors. The Allsop family moved through Victoria to Queensland and later to New South Wales. 


My maternal arrivals





Patrick Flynn, a convict is my earliest arrival. The Seabrooks, arriving in 1932 are my earliest free settler arrivals. Although the Ogden family arrived in Queensland, they immediately hopped on another ship and went to Sydney. In later life they moved to Perth. Brisbane shipping records for the time period of the arrival of John Ryan and Mary O'Halloran were destroyed in a flood, so I can only pinpoint their arrival to before their marriage in July 1864. John and  Mary  also moved from Queensland to New South Wales. 



My husband's paternal arrivals


This has highlighted the fact that I don't know the name of the ship of arrival of the Key family. It has been recorded in many trees on Ancestry, but I personally haven't completed this research. William Brennan, our families final arrival in Australia left Brisbane and moved to Armidale, NSW where his brother was living.


My husband's maternal arrivals




This branch of the family were the most stable as far as moving is concerned. All these families lived solely in the Armidale district of New South Wales.

Comments