Exploring with DNA Painter

Tonight I've been exploring further with DNA painter and discovered the BETA version of Dimensions. This handy image shows the county of birth of my ancestors up to my GG grandparents.






The following image is the comparison for my husband.



I shouldn't have played with the colour generator. It would have looked better if I had the same colours for each of these images.

The same information can be shown as above with percentages.






             


There are some inconsistencies in the BETA version. The letters with diacritical marks are missing, e.g. Wgerle instead of Wägerle. In one image it is spelt Wegerle and the other Wgerle. 


I can easily see that I haven't assigned a place of birth to 8 of my ggg grandparents and 13 of my husband's. I could make an assumption about all of these but I wouldn't recommend it. I recently discovered that one set of gggg grandparents had children born in Scotland but they themselves were born in Ireland. 

I'm looking forward to exploring more from the dimensions option of DNA painter. 














Comments