Parkfield Estate - Tenterfield

I lived for some time during my childhood in Tenterfield. Prior to the advent of Trove I  spent many hours trawling though both hard copies of old Tenterfield Stars and digital copies at Dixson Library at the University of New England.

The Tenterfield Star is not yet on Trove so many finds are serendipitous. Such was the one about the land sale in the street I lived as a teenager.

The Tenterfield Star, undated



The Parkfield Estate Land Sale

The sale of the Parkfield Estate sub-division, which has occupied public attention for some weeks past, took place yesterday on the ground. There was a good attendance of local buyers, but not so many from a distance as had been anticipated. The large barn fronting Pelham-street, was utilised as a   sale-room, in which also a very substantial luncheon was laid out. 

I wonder if the barn was on the block where I once lived? I also query my poor referencing with this undated newspaper clipping. Pelham Street is a long street but I seem to remember an auctioneer's flyer for this land which showed it was in the section where I lived. But certainly no proof.

This really illustrates the fact that one must keep accurate records of information and appropriate sources.

Perhaps one day I will be able to come back and update this post.



Comments

  1. I'm gradually working my way through all my pieces of paper, if I find it I'll post here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment